Friday, July 19, 2013

Happy 7th Birthday...

This card is for my loving nephew, Aadi who will be turning 7 this year. I have seen him right from the time when he was born... can't believe time flies so fast. Now he is an elder brother to a one year old and definitely a great brother :) I haven't met him since last two years and now I am excited to see him on his birthday :)
This card is to celebrate his 7th and many more birthdays to come :)

I was intrigued by the overlapping shades of colors by the Jocelyn Olson's Card at Case Study challenge #150 and I had to create my version of overlapping colors but nothing was clicking and then CAS-ual Friday's CFC 110 came up with just the right challenge to include numbers. So, I came up with this idea ...



To make this card, I took two pieces of scrap card stock and cut out a V-shapes one broader and another narrower. The broader was for the focal number "7" and narrower for rest of the numbers. I then did masking and inking with sponge dauber using Memento dew drop dye inks. I then stamped numbers 1-6 (from Scrappy Cat stamps) with corresponding inks and cut them out. For number 7, I used my stencil. The sentiment was printed using MS-word and cut out as a banner. The focus light was hand drawn, colored and fuzzy cut to add at the bottom. I have tried to depict the effect of prism over white light ;)

The challenges are -
1. Case Study challenge #150 





Thank you for stopping by and leaving me your lovely comments :)

30 comments:

  1. Simply superb Deepti! Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow..this is pretty sweet. I like it.

    Sudha
    sudha-kalra.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another amazing creation, Deepti! I love the inked rainbow and the spotlight! You can see how much love went into making this card for your nephew. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look at that rainbow of color - it just looks like a party!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice B-day card Dee!! Ever see one of those big huge b-day cards at hallmark.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful, just wonderful, Deepti! Such a fresh and unique design with the spotlight pointing out the 7. Almost like a bouquet of flowers. Your treatment is very similar to a card spotlighted on the Papertrey blog this morning by Betsy Veldman. Thanks so much for joining the CAS-ual Fridays challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since, I don't follow Betsy... I was not aware that she too was working on the same idea :) thanks for telling me, I am glad to visit her blog and see her amazing creations. Besides, isn't is amazing to see that we all think similar :)

      Delete
  7. Thud. That was my jaw hitting the floor. Holy wow! This card rocks! The way you blended the inks is fabulous! Your card is perfect for CASE Study and I'm so glad you joined in at CAS-ual Fridays.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ok, well I may as well another to make another card because yours is a winner for SURE!!! It definitely looks like a prism and it is a stunner!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic card Deepti. Your simple and cute ideas are fab.

    ReplyDelete
  10. simply beautiful n fabulous...loved d whole concept Deepti..n wishing a very happy bday to Aadi.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a clever idea and the inking is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey Deepti! Thank you so much for visiting my blog today and for all the nice comments that you left me!

    I too have been a fan of yours for quite some time and TOTALLY admire your creative ability! Your paintings on your other blog are absolutely amazing!

    Gorgeous shading of the inks on your card and fun, fun, FUN desing!

    As soon as I finish typing this comment I will also be signing up to follow your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dee this is brilliant! You inking just rocks! Thank you so much for sharing with us this week at CASE Study!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is SO COol, Deppti! Love the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my goodness, this card is amazing!! This is perfect for all the challenges you have entered - a really clever combination of them all :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Dee!!!! This is so fabulous! You are amazingly talented. You've achieved the look you were trying for...prism + white light + Dee's gifted hands = success!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thud! Me, in awe! I'm calling winner, winner on this unbelievably genius creation, Deepti! Happy 7th to the sweet birthday boy!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Awesome card! Fabulous technique & combo of challenges. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh wow! This is fabulous! Love the technique that went into it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This card is amazing! Thanks for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays

    ReplyDelete
  21. Congrats on making the VIP club over CAS-ual Fridays, Deepti! This is one AWESOME birthday card! Outstanding use of DIY stencils!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hey Deepti! Thanks for linking this up to the Birthday Card Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. THIS is amazing!! You do an awesome job with sponging for sure!!

    ReplyDelete