Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Love for Polka dots and more continues...

Hi I am back with another card and this card is dedicated to my love for multiple things... polka dots, cool design and vellum. So the challenge at Casology Week 53 is COOL and I interpreted the cue card in a different way i.e. making a card with COOL DESIGN and the end result is not that bad. I was inspired by Annabelle Stamps Blog Challenge AC 167 in using the core design elements of my card, the circles which resemble POLKA DOTS and the colors used are an inspiration from Color Q #198.


To make this card, I first cut out a frame on my card base using my craft knife. I then used Sizzix circle dies to cut of circles of different sizes from vellum. These were then colored with Memento dew drop inks using a sponge. Finally, I stuck each of these vellum circles randomly in the negative space of frame cut out on card base. To add some fun, I stamped these mini flowers (from My Minds eye - sweetest things stamps) on a white card stock, fuzzy cut them and stuck them over vellum circles. Finally, sentiment was added (Prima Stamps). 
I took the inspiration for this card from this photo, I came across while browsing :)

The challenges are -


Thank you for stopping by :)

15 comments:

  1. What a fun card, loving your big dots!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oo.. wow.. Nice use of stamps and dies.. Great card Deepti!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is SUCH a COOL designed card!

    Thanks for joining in in the FUN at CASology - and keep up this innovativeness - it just might be catchy! (I hope it rubs off on me!!)

    -Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  4. VERY COOL! Love this idea! Thanks for playing along with us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun card, Deepti, really lovely design! So happy you joined in the fun at the colourQ this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow deepti...this is pretty cool..lovved those vellum circles....nd d colors r awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  7. One more amazing card by you Deepti ! Loved ypu have interpreted dots onto vellum circles..really a cool card..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Uber funky with such a clever design!
    Thanks so much for sharing with us at AnnaBelle Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great interpretation of the Cue Card and it really is a 'cool' card. Thank you so much for joining at CASology this week

    ReplyDelete
  10. yep... that is one cool interpretation of the cue word, deepti! love it! thanks so much for playing along with CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Definitely a cool card! Fun technique! Thanks for playing with the ColourQ colors this week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a fabulous execution of this design! Not an easy feat...it's absolutely wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome, Deepti! This is a cool card, the colored vellum circles are so airy and light and cool! Thanks for signing on to follow my blog...I realized the same and signed on to follow yours, too! Thanks for joining us at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so cool! Those vellum circles give such a dreamy feel to your card! Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful, bright and fun Deepti, love it!
    TFS with us this week :)
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete